Friday, July 23, 2010

summary of my idle days ( Part 3 )



Usually i am a skeptic about marriages. I will have dozens of arguments about why one can be NOT married AND enjoy the company of  your other half  AND still be very happy. To me, marriage is fragile. We cannot keep two people together FOREVER just because they have a marriage certificate. Things change. People change. Feelings change. Nothing is forever. Not getting married just simplifies the process that one has to go through when changes come.

However for this SPECIAL occasion, I am willing to stash my cynical comments away and bask in the beautiful ambience of marriage.

History : This cousin of mine, Charmaine is my best cousin ever. Her mummy, my beloved aunt takes care of me since i was a little baby. They are like my second family. LOVE THEM LOADS!!! Anyway, Charmaine always bring me to places and shower me with gifts ( i promise i will do the same to her children when she have some) We care about each other and are very close.

AND SHE IS GETTING MARRIED!!



Usually, i kind of hate it when people get married.  Its not that i am bitter and hate all happy things. It is just that i hate being dragged to wedding ceremonies of people i barely know (eg : some cousin i barely spoke five words to for my entire existance), acting like i sincerely care when i do not give a damn. Wedding receptions are good though, food changes everything!! XD

This time round. I am really excited !!

Reasons:
  • I like my cousin's husband-to-be
He is Jason. He is nice and sweet to my cousin. He is also very filial to my uncle and aunt. He hits on well with everyone in the family ( i've got an uncle who act as if he has got diamonds in his mouth, when he opens it the diamonds will drop out ). And, he brings me to places!! Once he brought us to have a ride on the " Eye of Singapore " . Whee!! Generally , he is a great person.

  • I get to be the maid of honor.
Okay, its only right get excited as it is my FIRST time ever becoming a maid of honor. Great honour!! WHEE!!

  • I love my cousin!!



On the BIG day, i arrived early at my aunt's place to get ready. All the bridesmaid were there . I arrived the latest, big shot. HAHA. Nolarh, my dad's problem. Always slow. Anyway, got ready and the groom finally arrived!!



Dressing up.



My uncle and aunt putting on the veil for my cousin.




Arrival of the bridegroom, Jason.




What would a wedding be without pranks by the bridemaids.




Leg waxing so that guys can understand the pains of being a women.



Drinking sour, sweet, bitter and spicy juices ( " suan tian ku lak " in chinese) symbolises the ups and down in their relationship.
.



Putting fresh cream of the chest of a guy and asking another guy to LICK IT UP!! GROSS BUT SUPER FUNNY. Laughed till i teared. I suppose this is just for the sake of fun?



Groom writing or rather , scribbling messages to the bride using his mouth.





Rolling hot eggs through the pants of one of the guys by the groom. This look so wrong!!





Declaration of love in ten languages.





YAY!



The groom kisses the bride.



Fyi, the groom was let in easily as my great-grandpa (GGP)  arrived after the groom and well, obviously  my GGP cannot wait outside as he is very OLD (but healthy). So the groom conveniently came in after my GGP. Oh well.

Tea ceremony.



Serving tea to my uncle and aunt.




My cousin putting on the golden necklace that he bought for his sister. Sweet!!



OMG. Something happened to me during the tea ceremony. I was seriously tearing up. DUNNO WHY!! I was so touched by the entire ceremony. Never in my life had it happened before. I quickly stashed my tears away before anyone notices and laughs at me.



Girls' Power!



Then i followed my cousin to the groom's place. Tea ceremony there.




Jason's parents at the tea ceremony.



My cousin's friends then dropped me back to my aunts place . Charmaine's friends are as whacko as my friends are. Jokers. Went home from there to get ready to MAKAN at the reception at Straits View Restaurant.



Nice decor!




Writing wishes to the newly-weds




My aunt look so gorgeous right?!




Happy Happy




Oh the cake looks GOOD.



Group picture.




My family attended the wedding reception in Ipoh too. Gluttons. We travelled around Ipoh eating all the good and famous stuff. I realised that those restourants love to put up pictures of celebrities that visited their place before. Could the pictures be photoshopped?



Group pic in Ipoh.



We also went to Penang's Kek Lok Si and Gurney Drive. More yummos. I could literally feel my arteries clogging by eating those yummy but sinful goodies. On our way back, went to Malacca for Capitol Satay. YUM!

NEXT UP : Singapore trips with Budak Chong , Sharmilipede and Niya The Monkey and more!!


Toodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment